The SocketScan S740 2D/1D imager barcode scanner with Bluetooth wireless technology scans either 1D or 2D barcodes on paper or screen. It has a lightweight, ergonomic structure, and a long-lasting battery to withstand entire work days. The five color options fit most styles and environment needs. The lights for battery, Bluetooth and scanning notifications make the scanner more intuitive to use. Compatible with all applications in previous Socket Mobile barcode scanners, without software changes.
This scanner is dressed to impress both consumers and end users in retail and office settings. Ideal for retail POS, field service, inventory management, asset tracking and more. Use our Companion App for easy set up and configuration.
Application Integration – Socket Mobile’s Capture SDK enables integration in your applications to improve business productivity with fast, efficient and reliable data transfer over Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Connects easily to a wide range of Bluetooth enabled smartphones, tablets, notebook and desktop computers
- Scanning – Fast 2D & 1D omni-directional barcode scanning with highly visible and safe LED aimer
- Exceptional Ergonomics - Small, lightweight, and fits perfectly in the hand for comfortable use over extended periods
- User Indicators – Intuitive LEDs, beeps, and vibrations let users know battery, Bluetooth connection and scanning status
- Long Lasting Battery – Power to last over 16 hours
- Protective Material - Made with antimicrobial material for protection against potentially harmful bacteria
- Color Options - Blue, green, red, white and yellow colors enable corporate-branding personalization and is easy to find in busy work environments
- Auto Scan Mode - Presentation Mode (automatic scanning) provides continuous scanning capabilities without pressing the trigger button
- Designed & Made in the USA
- No Software Installation Required - HID Mode functions and behaves similar to a keyboard
- Advanced Functionality – Leverage Application Mode functionality by integrating Socket Mobile’s SDK in the APP to improve business productivity with fast, efficient and reliable data transfer over Bluetooth wireless technology
- Warranty - 1 year for Barcode Scanner
Supported Barcode Symbologies:
- 1D Symbologies: Australia Post, Bookland EAN, Chinese 2 of 5, Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, Composite CC-A/B, Composite CC-C, Composite TLC, Discrete 2 of 5, EAN-13/JAN, EAN-8/JAN, GS1 Databar, GS1 Databar Expanded, GS1 Databar Limited, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBT 128, ISSN EAN, Matrix 2 of 5, MSI, UPC/EAN/JAN, UPC A, UPC EO
- 2D Symbologies: Aztec, Data Matrix, Maxicode, Micro PDF417, MicroQR, PDF417, QR Code
Horizontal: 42° (Default)
640 horizontal x 400 vertical pixels
Down to 25%
4.5 to 49.5 cm (1.5 to 19.5 in.) Depends on barcode size, symbology, label media, Narrow and Wide ratio, scan angle
Power and Batteries
2 AA NiMH rechargeable batteries
Approx. 6 hours
Batter Life - Per Full Charge:
Active Scan Time: 70,000 scans within 9 hours based on 2 scans every 1 second
17,000 scans within 19 hours based on 1 scan every 4 seconds
Note: Battery life varies depending on ambient temperature, ambient light, and age of battery.
Class 2 Bluetooth, version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rates) with 56-bit data encryption
Up to 10 m (33 ft.) depending on environment, range limit is usually due to the Host Device (phone, tablet or notebook)
Basic Mode - Human Interface Device (HID)*, Application Mode - Serial Port Profile (SPP) and Application Mode - MFi-SPP. Some Operating Systems or smartphone/tablet models may support only one profile.
*By default, the scanner is set to Basic Mode (HID). No software installation required.
1 year carry in warranty